Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Unbelievable

We have a good friend who would say all the time "unbelievable" and I thought of him several times today...I called our ped. office this morning (9am) to speak to a nurse b/c Emma went to bed with a low fever, woke up with a low fever and complained of a stomach ache yesterday. Those were two of the symptoms I was supposed to report as they are often related to "tick borne illnesses". So I carried my cordless around with me all day until 2:45 when the nurse kindly returned my call. The Dr. wants to see Emma!
Fortunately, Philip was on his way home so I said I would come in around 4pm.

The Dr. discovers that she has an ear infection. Unbelievable- what are the chances of that! Emma told me one time on Sunday that her ear hurt but that was it. I am thankful that it wasn't anything more serious.

So I am putting Ryan and Emma in the tub and low and behold what do I spot on Emma's shoulder- a TICK- Unbelievable. The part that really makes me mad is this. The Dr. did a check of her whole body to make sure there weren't any rashes at 4:30. We went to church to swing on the swing set for about 40 minutes. We walked only through the grass in the yard (not tall field grass), she was wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt and somehow managed to land another tick. Unbelievable. This time I got the head although one of his grabber legs remains. I'm getting better though.

Peter arrives home from church past his bed time but I am determined to give him a bath. Low and behold, what do I find on his shoulder? A smaller than flea sized TICK. This is ridiculous! However, this time I get the entire nasty creature.

I am about to become a insect repellent stock holder.

1 comment:

Mandy Leigh said...

Oh my goodness! That's really all I have to say about that. I have a STRONG DISLIKE for ticks (since my whole lyme's thing and all). I'm so glad you're checking them so diligently! That really is unbelievable!