Friday, April 18, 2008

A friday at home

We had planned on meeting some friends at McDonald's this afternoon for lunch and some play time. I was really excited about going as this is a new group of ladies that I've been hanging out with. They are women from the home school group that have kids our age. However, Ryan went to be with a fever and woke up with a fever so I figured we should stay here.
I have been experiencing a little bit of "mommy guilt" the past few weeks. I think it might be spring fever. I haven't been as dutiful to our scheduled "school activities" as I would like to be. It's not that we've had tons of stuff going on to take us away from the house. It seems that I just end up letting the kids outside for some morning sun and we spend all morning out side instead of 15 minutes.
So today, I was determined. I failed. But I compromised with myself. I've been wanting to get back to an activity where Peter takes a picture from the newspaper and he writes about it. I found a strawberry picture so I dragged the kids inside and we spent about 20 minutes writing. Emma and Ryan joined us at the table but they were doing something with stickers!
Here's Peter's finished product.


The picture's not that great but he wrote: The boy went to the fruit store. He bought strawberries. He loves strawberries.
Peter's writing is in pencil and I wrote in a colored pencil the letters he didn't know- those are the ones that are hard to see!

Since we couldn't go to McDonald's, I treated kids to a Capri Sun and a picnic lunch in the yard.

Ryan's trying to figure out the sunglasses thing!

No comments: