Friday, April 4, 2008

raisin!

We had bananas with peanut butter and raisins for snack this morning. The kids were at the table and I was doing something in the kitchen. Ryan all of a sudden got upset, pointed to his nose and said raisin. Sure enough there was a raisin in his nose. Yikes. I could see it and feel it with my finger. I promptly got on line to see if I could figure out what to do as this was my first foreign object in the nose! No good advice so I went and got my tweezers. I was too nervous to use them so I called the pediatrician's office. While I was on hold I decided I know she's going to recommend this so I might as well try. I laid Ryan down, who was by the way completely calm and breathing and acting normal, and removed the raisin. When the nurse came on, I explained that I gained enough confidence to give the tweezers a try and I was successful. She laughed and said, "one of the joys of having boys".

1 comment:

Christie, Logan, and Asher said...

I put almost a whole box of raisins up my nose when I was two. They had to be surgically removed because they were in my actual nasal passages. My pediatrician was like a hundred years old and told my mom that this was the first time he had seen anything like this.