Friday, April 4, 2008

Published work

Philip has an aunt and uncle that recently retired from the mission field. They are currently living in Waxhaw, NC, continuing their work with Wycliff and loving being grandparents. They spent their years overseas working on Bible translation. I have yet to get my head around all that they did but I know it was a lot. Upon returning to the States, Aunt Jan, began some work of her own. She has written and gotten published the book The B-I-B-L-E, Volume 1. I have yet to receive my copy. From what she told me about it, she has done a paraphrase of the Psalms and 1 John. It is a paraphrase written in language that early elementary children should be able to read themselves. What a novel concept! There are certainly tons and tons and tons of children's Bibles but I haven't ever seen one that was written in language that children can read on their own.

I'll definitely give you more of a book plug once I get my copy but I thought I would at least pass along the link and share our excitement with you!
Congrats Aunt Jan!

No comments: