Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New friends

Peter has finally gotten his wish; he has some pets. Bootsie and Sukey have joined our family. He has adopted a family of 5 earthworms. We've had lots of rain here so the earthworms have been easy to find. Ironically, my nephew in WV has also adopted 2 earthworms so my sis sent me some links to earthworm info. I got her email the same day that Peter decided to adopt his new pets. Needless to say, worms have been the subject of our science time today. Peter is certainly becoming very "responsible" with these new pets because I will not touch them!

I think this is the third time today that he's taken the worms out for a little "fresh air". Peter is very protective of the worms by making sure a bird doesn't swoop in and steal one.

This is Bootsie. He/she is the biggest.


I think this is Sukey. The others haven't been officially named. For now they are there are the "twins" and the baby.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We think Bootsie is quite fat and happy looking. Peter must be feeding him/her well! Congratulations on the "new arrivals!"

love, Charlotte, John and Sam