Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New breakfast

One of my on going goals is to expand our breakfast menu to more than cereal and oatmeal. For some reason, Peter has begun to be a little picky. He is craving more variety in his breakfast and lunch options. I am not sure why this is happening so I'm trying to do what I can. I've been wanting to try this recipe for some time but keep forgetting. So when Peter awoke and asked what's for breakfast I suggested this. Some call it fried egg toast, eggs in a nest, bulls eye toast...the list goes on but it's basically an egg cooked in the center of a slice of bread.

Emma wasn't too crazy about the yoke but she ate around it. Peter and I both ate all of ours. Ryan ate some but he's hasn't really eaten anything this week so I won't count that try! I think it would be really good with waffles but I don't buy the frozen waffles. I think next time I'll try cutting out the bread with cookie cutters. That would make it even more exciting!

This definitely made "the list". I recently tried a refrigerated bran muffin mix that is excellent. I'm planning on posting that recipe soon. It's one of my new favorites!

No comments: