Friday, April 18, 2008

Farm Days

NCSU sponsors an annual open house for young kids at one of their farm locations on Lake Wheeler road. The flyer sounded fun and I thought it would be something we could do with my grandfather. We picked up grandpa on Thursday morning and headed to the farm. I had no idea what to expect and soon found out that I probably should have found out a little more information before I brought my 88 yr. old grandpa with me. First thing we should have done was bring his handicap parking tag.

After a bit of a walk to the farm, we started the self- guided tour inside. We saw white turkeys, chicks, mamma and baby horse, cows, sheep and goats. The weather was beautiful. The place was absolutely packed. I'm not sure that my grandpa had seen that many children in one place in a very long time. It was a bit overwhelming for me a few times.

It's not something I would ordinarily drive an hour and half to attend but it was so great to be able to do this with my grandpa!

Click to play farm days
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

No comments: