Sunday, May 18, 2008

A video


When we were in church last Sunday, a Swedish youth choir was visiting London and participating in the worship service. I was really blessed by their music. Since we were sitting in the front row, I had a great view of what was going on and remembered that I do have a video feature on my camera. This was a really cool thing for me and I am glad I was able captured part of it. Because it was Pentecost Sunday, we were all walking to the alter at the front of the church and lighting a candle. While the parishioners were walking to the alter, the Youth choir sang.

I was so moved by the practical way that the body of Christ was being seen here. Here we were Americans visiting in England. The Swedish youth choir were singing songs, that were composed by Americans, in English (their second language) while at the same time we were all in London. Added on to that, to be in the church were John Newton (composer of Amazing Grace) had preached and where William Wilberforce (leader in the work to abolish slavery) was a part of; it was just amazing. Throughout the service, the Priest called on the parishioners to respond in their native language and to call out their native country. Apart from one huge mission conference I attended in college, this was by far the most diverse church service that I have ever been too.

This was definitely one of my top 3 favorite things we did!

No comments: