Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Failure

Failure would be one of the words I would use to describe dinner tonight. You see the "beginning of the month" comes for us on the 25th. That's pay day in other words. Since the 25th was on a Sunday, Monday was a holiday and Tuesday we were out of town until the evening, I haven't made it to the store yet. I guess I could have gone today but I wasn't ready. I didn't have any meals planned and I just wasn't in the grocery mind-set. So at 2:30pm I realized- dinner- oh no!! I searched allrecipes.com for something I could fix with what I have on hand. I decided on Chicken and Pasta with a peanut sauce. This is very very out of the box for me. I'm not (typically) an out of the box person. I am married to an incredibly out of the box person and well he's been rubbing off on me. So I thought, this is crazy but I'm going to try it. We all love peanuts and peanut butter maybe it will be great!

Not Great! Edible mostly but not good. I threw away the recipe and the left overs. I am now motivated to do some major menu planning. I imagine I will be fixing a rather large breakfast for us tomorrow!

No comments: