Monday, May 19, 2008

A full days work

I was ready and motivated when I woke up this morning. I had an agenda and I was sticking to it. The first on my list was to remove Ryan's crib and get his twin bed ready for sleeping. We removed his box spring mattress and replaced it with Peter's box spring. Peter now has Ryan's box spring mattress and is therefore on a "high bed". It works great because Ryan can crawl onto his bed with no trouble. The problem is Emma wants a high bed like Peter's. Urgg- can't you please everyone?
After Philip helped me, he was all Peter's. Peter has been listening to a book on tape about a Native American boy. He's been wanting to build a fort and I have handed that over to his father. This is the fort they created. Peter wants to have a fire and make his own bread too.
While the fort builders were constructing. I was doing some much need closet and dresser reorganization. I was able to get all the kids clothes in order for summer! That was great. I was even able to find a box of Peter's summer clothes that should work great for Ryan. They are washed in his dresser. I was thrilled when I found a pair of sandals in a bag from my niece. Emma has been wearing sandals from last year and her toes are over the edge. She doesn't care for the "crocks" I bought her. These are great. Thanks Charlotte!
This is Ryan's big boy bed. I hope to find a new comforter or blanket if for him. So far he's done well. He got out of bed twice before falling asleep for his nap. I just put him to bed and I haven't heard anything from him yet. I believe the transition will be smooth.

1 comment:

Mandy Leigh said...

that is an amazing fort! forts i built as a kid never looked like that! wow!

and, it's amazing how Ryan is already in a big boy bed.

PRECIOUS FAMILY!