Sunday, May 11, 2008

Great Conversations

This is from our Moroccan dinner last night!

I am beginning to learn the fine art of conversation from my husband, who is an expert and takes after his father! On the plane, we were sitting in the middle seats. On my right there was an older gentleman who was dressed like a Londoner. On Philip's left, was a woman. I engaged this gentleman in conversation and was treated to some great stories. He indeed was born and raised in London and moved to the States after marrying an American in the 70s. He shared with me a story from his childhood. During the war, his parents chose to evacuate himself and his older sisters and brother. Fortunately for his family, he had maiden aunts in Ireland. He was 3 months old at the time of his evacuation. He stayed with his siblings in Irleand until he turned 7yrs old. He recalls only seeing his mother twice during those 7 years. WOW- I can't imagine the plight of his parents having to live without their children. He told me that they were very lucky because many families were forced to evacuate their children to the US or Canada. These children were put on the plane with a name tag on and fended for themselves when they arrived.



On our train ride to Canterbury, e sat next to a mother and her 11yr old daughter. We engaged in conversation. They were from Wales and on their way to a Madonna concert. The mum updated me on what happened on Dancing with the Stars. She informed me on who got the boot and what happened to the man who injured his arm. It was great. We also talked about American Idol, universities, colleges and great stuff.

All in all it's been 'lovely'!
Oh- happy mother's day.

We went to this awesome. church this morning. We came back to the flat and I fixed pinto beans, rice and sausage. We're freshening up and preparing for an afternoon in Kensington Park, Speaker's Corner and China town for dinner.

No comments: