Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A day without church

I made a confession to Philip that I was tired of being at church and doing churchy things. Everyday that we have been in London we have gone to a church or cathedral. Don't misunderstand, I have completely enjoyed the cathedral and church experiences but I needed a break. So we headed out to Buckingham Palace this morning. I wouldn't describe it as breathtaking. From the drive, it was just another building. Maybe it's because It'm partial to the White House!

Then we headed to the British Musuem. The really exciting part about this trip was we stumbled upon the gift I was searching for for the kids. I won't tell you what it is because they might be reading the blog! I am totally excited.

We stayed at the British museum for about 3 and half hours. Philip and I have completely different paces when it comes to a museum. He stayed in the Enlightment section the entire time. I on the other hand bounced through all of Africa, Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Ethopia and a bunch of others that I can't remember! If my feet weren't so tired and I wasn't so hungry we could have stayed their even longer.

We headed to the SoHo district for lunch and a 'walk about'. We stumbled upon another Morrocan resturaunt. We had a sampler platter. It was amazingly delicious! I have no idea what we ate exactly but it was good.



Finally, we bounced over to the Millenium Bridge and walked it both directions! We headed for home before the evening rush hour and stopped for groceries. I fixed dinner tonight!
Tomorrow we go back to church.

2 comments:

Buckingham Palace said...

Are you going to the Tower of London? It's pretty cool!!

after awhile, all those churches start to look alike!

Mandy Leigh said...

I agree with Michelle...y'all should try and go to the Tower of London. That was one of my favorite things we did.