Thursday, May 15, 2008

Closing days

It's hard to believe but our trip is about over. Yesterday was our final day in London. Convenientlly for us they were all together and free! We enjoyed the morning wandering around and were able to join up with a guided tour of the Wesley house. I excused myself after that was over to find a cup of tea. I had about as much of Wesley as I could asorb for the morning and I knew Philip wasn't near full. I had great cup of tea and a chocolate crossaintThen to lunch at a place the grounds keeper recommended. He likes this place because it's not the one the minister likes to frequent! It was a pub of course. I tried something new and wasn't too impressed. Philip had a meat pie and that was indeed yummy
After lunch we headed to our last stop on the list. A walk around Big Ben and Parliment. I think the building was much more like a palace than Buckingham. I can honestly say, we did about everything I wanted to do. Londoner's are really good at charging for things. For example, they even charge for the use of toliets.
Today- we are off to Oxford.
Cheers

. !




.

No comments: