Monday, June 16, 2008

tomato soup

It is the strangest thing but one of Peter's favorite foods is tomato soup. When we lived in Wilmington and had a huge garden, I discovered a yummy creamy tomato basil soup. I would make tons of it throughout the summer and freeze it. I made some our first summer in Roxboro because of the half and half it really made Peter sick. For some reason, it has taken me this long to find a tomato soup recipe that doesn't call for milk or cream. (For the record, I did start making another one but it had wild rice, carrots and celery in it and Peter didn't like it as much). Last week I found a recipe to try and we had it for dinner.
4 BOWLS for Peter.
2 BOWLS for Emma
1 for me (that was all that was left)
1 Ryan size bowl
1 teaspoonful for Philip b/c he was eating at church

Unbelievable- my kids ate this almost like they would eat ice cream. Needless to say, this recipe will not be lost. I told Peter we should make this on a weekly basis for lunch. He heartily agreed and suggested breakfast as well.

In case your interested in trying it out yourself, which I would recommend because it was very good. I ran it through the blender after simmering so it was smooth!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So what's the recipe? Love the new picture of the 4 Chryst family g.babies!