Friday, June 13, 2008

Hijacked...

It looks like my site has been hijacked by a friendly competitor. I guess it's ok since it did increase my count while he was trying to divert your attention!!

On to other things...I told Philip a month ago that my goal was to order my homeschool curriculum during the time I was at my parents (this week). I have been thinking, reading, researching, thinking, reading and researching this big purchase for quite sometime. I do have a tendency to have some commitment troubles when it comes to spending money so I new a goal would work well for me. I knew I wanted to go with Sonlight Core K for history, geography, literature and science. I was hoping to find it used but I knew that this could also be challenging. I got "permission" from Philip for an estimated budget and his "blessing" to order on line.
I looked on ebay yesterday and found the curriculum I wanted. I watched the bidding and signed on with 15 minutes left. It was still at $175. I placed a few bids and was finally the top bidder and with 2 minutes on top I won the set for $204. I am nervous that I will get the package and it won't be exactly what I thought but instead of dwelling on the nervous thoughts I am choosing to focus on how God provides. I set a goal and He allowed it to happen. I believe He is in control of all things and He is faithful!
I am excited about Peter beginning "1st grade" when we get our stuff!

No comments: