Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's pool time

One of the things that we are so thankful for and feel is a blessing from God is our pool membership! The church has a membership with one of the community pools and pays for all the fees for our family to participate. It is awesome. It opened last week and we have so far been there 3 times since Monday.I am really proud of the kids. The second day for them but first for me was Tuesday. Emma was a little skittish of jumping in the shallow section even with floaties on. By today, she was jumping in the deeper section with me just in the area and swimming to the ladder. She finished the day off with a jump off the diving board.
Peter is really swimming! He's jumping off the diving board and swimming to the ladder without any assistance from us. We're just there for moral support and my well being mostly. He can swim from one side of the deep end to the other as well. I am really excited about the both of them really doing some good swimming this summer. I told Peter my goal for him is dive in and swim a 25 yard lap.
The water is still a little chilly. When Ryan and I first entered the water he was saying," all done; home; no swimming; go home". We stayed in and he got used to the temperature. In no time he wanted to "jump" in off the sides like his siblings. Since he doesn't really jump yet it was more of a step in.

1 comment:

Buckingham Palace said...

i don't think it's possible for me to be more jealous! I wish I was there swimming!