Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friendly competetion

As I am raising two boys and in partnership with a great man, I am learning to understand the fine art of competetion. Until reading the book, The Wonder of Boys, I didn't appreciate or like for that matter the competitive spirit of my oldest son. It frankly got on my nerves that every little thing was a matter for competition. Who got up first, who got down first, who is the fastest, best, cutest, smartest.....it goes on and on. Now that I understand that boys are genetically wired to be competitive I am learning how to use it for my benefit rather than fight it.
So why am I writing about this. I'm glad you asked.

Philip and I added a "free counter" to our blogs about the same time. I think he added his about a two days before I added mine. I just checked out his blog and realized that I am only about 40 hits behind him. Not that I'm starting a competition or anything...really I am just amazed by my numbers. Who is really reading this thing anyway?

So if you are reading this and haven't posted a comment before could you please post a comment so I know who my audience is?

Who knows maybe I will break 1000 before he will.

6 comments:

Mollie said...

You can count on me! Does it count hits or comments?

Buckingham Palace said...

does it count when we come back? Like am i counted everytime I check to see if there is somethign new ane exciting in ya'lls world?

Christie, Logan, and Asher said...

I read every time I post a new one.

Mandy Leigh said...

I check your blog almost every day. you're so good at posting!

Sheila said...

Hey! I'm reading, I don't make it by but probably once a week, but hopefully I'm helping your "count" be higher than his!

Courtney said...

Hey DeAnne. (It's Courtney) I think I've posted on here before. Cute kiddos!