Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Nothing exciting

I don't really have anything exciting to write about this afternoon but I just felt like making an entry. I did receive the first of 3 expected packages in the mail yesterday. I finally made a decision about a handwriting curriculum for the kids. I picked A Reason for Handwriting. I ordered everything used so they are all arriving separately. I got my handbook first. I realize that I will probably have a bit of reteaching to do with Peter but hopefully I'm early enough with Emma that she can begin with good strategies. I picked this curriculum because it is Biblically based so the kids will be using scripture verses as their "copy work" when they get there. I figured if there going to have to write it might as well be scripture! This curriculum uses the phrases "bubbles" and "sticks" to describe how to form your letters. Since we didn't have our books yet we spent some time outside blowing bubbles to get a good mental picture of what a good circle/bubble looks like. I read that in the manual; it wasn't my creative idea.

No comments: