Saturday, June 7, 2008

cries from afar

I had just changed Ryan's diaper; had the complementary pep talk about using the potty instead of using his diaper and then went about whatever it was I was doing. I heard Ryan go into the bathroom, get out the little potty seat, place it on the potty, sit down (fully clothed) and say potty. I congratulated him on his efforts but reminded him that he just used the bathroom in his diaper and he is supposed to sit on the potty before. Again I carried on with my business and soon heard some crying. I didn't immediately investigate because I hear crying all the time! I completed my task and then found Ryan in the bathroom holding the potty seat, fully clothed but this time fallen into the potty. His bottom was soaking wet and he was saying, "fall potty". Peter mind you is in full view of this episode. I calmly ask him, "why didn't you tell me that Ryan was in the potty". Peter responded, " I was in shock. I didn't know what to say". I don't know if I truly believe that but it was quite a response!

Fortunately, it doesn't seem like Ryan experienced any Post-potty falling- in- trauma!

No comments: