Monday, June 2, 2008

Begining steps

For the past month or so, Ryan has begun to tell us when he needs a new diaper. The logical next step is to introduce him to the potty. I have gotten the little potty out a few times and tried to have him sit on it. He would cry and scream when I tired to "encourage" him to just sit on it. However, recently I just put the potty next to the big potty and was able to entice him to sit on it. I told him if he sat on it I would give him another drink of juice. (I do not believe in bribing my children as a means of achieving obedience. Potty training is my only exception.) He actually took me up on my offer. Since his bottom is actually too big for this little potty, I got out our other potty seat that fits inside the big potty. Today he sat on the big potty twice. Nothing happened but he did sit on it and was excited about it. That is a big step for us!
As far as I can recall, I have had at least one child in diapers since August 6th, 2002.

No comments: