Thursday, June 26, 2008

1 VBS down

The kids were invited to attend a VBS at our friends church. My initial thought was "I don't think so". Then after a personal invitation I reconsidered. I am very thankful that I did because Peter and Emma had a blast. Ryan wasn't quite old enough for it this year. As I was talking with a friend about "VBS hopping" she said, "all the more exposures to the gospel message the better". She was right. I realized that VBS is a fun, safe and gospel centered activity that is great for summer time. I was also thankful for the kids to have the opportunity to interact with adults and children that they don't know that well. They seemed to adapt great to the new surrounding. As I was picking them up last night, I rounded the corner of the church to see Peter throwing a water balloon at the pastor!!! I think that meant he was having a great time and felt very comfortable!

Our church's VBS will be in 2 weeks. We have been invited to another VBS in 3 weeks. Again, initially I thought, "no thank you". After this experience, I think I will give it more thought.

No comments: