Saturday, December 8, 2007

Overcoming challenges

We are only a week away from the completion of Philip's semester which means a variety of things for me. One is that hopefully, he'll get his computer fixed so I can get back to using more pictures on my blog. However, I'm spending a few days at my parents so I am going to try to catch up a bit on the pictorial story of our lives....Remember when we made an apple pie?
Here is is....

I spoke too soon....I was so close but I can't seem to get it to work.
So here's the unpictorial story of our time at the beach.
We made homemade sugar cookies with Granny while Ryan was napping. You know the kind where you use cookie cutters! It was fun. Then after dinner we iced the cookies. Just a little more sugar can't hurt too much.
I went to Wilmington and did a little shopping. I feel blessed to have happened upon two bag sales. One was at a children's thrift shop that I frequented when we lived in Wilmington. They are going out of business and had a bag sale. I scored on that one. The other was in Hampstead- I got Emma a shirt and winter coat for $5.00!
I took Peter and Emma to the beach today. It was a beautiful day. I was smart enough to have them wear their rubber boots but not quite smart enough to bring myself a beach chair and a book.
Peter has enjoyed riding his bike through the neighborhood. My parents are one of 2 families that live here so the streets are very quiet!
We're heading back to Roxboro after church at Faith Harbor tomorrow. It's been great to be here but there's no place like home.

No comments: