Thursday, December 20, 2007

Camping and Charlotte!

It's Thursday afternoon and the campers have been gone for over a day now. I received a call from Philip yesterday morning letting me know that there was a slit change of plans. Due to the State wide burning ban (including camp fires), they found a private campground open in Boone. They are not really roughing it though because there are hot showers and bathroom facilities available but they can have a campfire. I received another call Wednesday night from Emma who was missing her mommy! By the time I realized I missed her call and returned it, she was feeling better and enjoying roasted marshmallows.

Ryan and I have enjoyed our time in Charlotte. Yesterday we baked lots of Christmas cookies. Ryan was very cooperative once I laid him down for an early nap! He spent the evening with Puppa while the ladies went out to dinner. He loves his Puppa and calls for him and Peter throughout the day! We visited with a good friend and her children this morning. Becky and I grew up across the street from each since we were about 5 years old. It was great to see her and her beautiful children! This afternoon Ryan will get to meet his Great Gram who just moved from Arizona to an assisted living center in Charlotte.

No comments: