Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gone are the days

As I was deboning the chicken I had cooked for dinner, I began thinking back to when Peter was 1. At that time when I would cook a chicken for dinner I would be able to make at least 2 full meals- one night Chicken and Dumplings and the next Chicken Pot Pie and perhaps something else. It actually wasn't even just the three of us eating but our friend Mandy was living with us at the time so that's 3.5 people eating for 2days. Well as I was deboning today, I was preparing this chicken for only one meal....chicken and pastry. It was now 6 people that I would feed; our family of 5 plus our friend Branden. I was actually surprised to find that we had some left over but gone are the days of 2-3 meals out of one chicken. I wonder what it will be like when the kids actually have adult size appetites!

2 comments:

Philip said...

they don't already? I thought Peter ate three-quarters of a pizza last night.

Unknown said...

They'll just have to "get a job!"