Saturday, December 22, 2007

A busy Saturday

I think I have discussed this before but in case I haven't, Saturdays are a little hard for me to get my head around. You see Philip has to work all day Saturday in order to prepare for the service on Sunday. It is hard to know that it's a Saturday but also know that I won't be lounging in my PJ, having eggs and grits cooked by Philip and having some time to run errands unaccompained by children. I have pretty much abandoned the idea of having school on Saturdays for now.

So this morning, I decided that we will try our hardest to get the house back in order after the time away. After looking at the sleeping bags, I realized that there was truly no other way to clean them up than to take them to the laundry mat. They were soaking wet and muddy. So I threw them into the van along with our comforter and headed to the laundry mat. There weren't many people there and my children immediately noticed the TV so we parked ourselves near it! The cartoons playing weren't not what I wanted the kids to see. Since mine were the only children, I decided to change the channel which meant squeezing myself between the coke machine and the vending machine and reaching on my tippie toes. I turned it to PBS but there were NO cartoons....I couldn't believe it. Why wouldn't cartoons be on PBS. I left it there in fear of getting stuck between the machines and we made the best of it.
I promised the kids a snack after I made sure I had enough change left over!
After the hour and half at the laundry mat we headed home for lunch, a nap for everyone and 3 more loads of laundry. I think I might have at least one more load tomorrow then the campfire smell should be gone from the house!

No comments: