Thursday, September 11, 2008

A lasting compliment

We took a late afternoon trip to the library today. While the kids were looking at books, I secretly found the Season 2 "Little House on the Prairie" DVDs. I have been wanting to get them for a while but just never got around to it. It has been a long week with lots of evening meetings for Philip. I was ready for a video night! Peter and Emma have enjoyed listening to several of the Little House on the Prairie audio tapes so I knew they would enjoy the videos. Actually- they enjoy just about anything that comes across the TV.
So when we were all loaded up in the van heading home, I shared my surprise. They were excited to hear that they were going to get to watch a movie tonight. Emma in a very serious and excited voice said, "Mommy you are almost better than a tree.". Peter chimed in with, "She's not better than a tree. Trees give us air to breathe.". Emma said, "I know; that's why I said ALMOST." I kept myself from laughing and explaining that I am better than a tree in their world b/c I gave them life.