Monday, September 1, 2008

Acorns

I think it will be a long time before I am able to thinking fondly of acorns. For now, they only bring up the memory of Philip agonizing over a pain more excruciating then he's ever felt before. Friday morning, we were at my parents house and Philip was picking up the acorn on my parents drive way. (Peter and Emma get 1 cent for every nut collected.) It was the weight of the world that fell on his back and left him almost unable to move. Somehow, he made it into the house and I found him. It was terrible. I am so thankful that we were with my parents because I truly didn't know what to do. I reverted back to my Lamaze breathing and relaxation techniques in attempt to get him through pain. That did not work and it almost got me thrown out of the room! My parents and I were trying to figure out who to call; 911, the family chiropractor or family doctor. We decided to hit the road to see who was open. The chiropractor wasn't open so we continued down the road to the family doctor/Urgent care. After a 3 hr wait, he was doing much better. We saw the doctor and he decided that it was a muscle or ligament and not a disc issue. So we got some drugs that ended up not cutting the mustard! We went back to the dr. the next morning to get some of the "good stuff".
So here we are 4 days from the injury, he is doing better but there is still constant pain. His movement is very limited but are improving. I am thankful for friends in Roxboro who are so willing to pitch in.

No comments: