Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Christmas already...

I was completely shocked when we walked through the doors of Lowe's Hardware last night. They had their artificial Christmas trees up for display, blow up Santa Clauses and two rows of Christmas decorations and nick knacks. Since, we were only coming to buy yellow jacket killer we didn't bother with a stroller. Needless to say, the kids were overwhelmed with excitement. In one way, I was glad their attention was diverted from the inflated witches, goblins and ghosts. However, I wasn't prepared for this barrage of "Oh can we buy this, can I have this, can I buy this....." Wow- I am going to have to be better prepared for this in the future.
But really, isn't the middle of September a little early for Christmas?

4 comments:

Philip said...

i have to humbly admit ---- it is never too early for Christmas ---- but then for the barrage of overpriced fluff that overextends itself into our pocketbooks ---- i think it is way too early for that!!! [do you like the exclamation points? that's for effect]

signed, the curmudgeon

Mandy Leigh said...

I agree that September is definitely too early for the christmas fluff...definitely

Christie, Logan, and Asher said...

Asher saw a similar display earlier this month at our Lowes, and for a week he asked me about every hour, "Asher hit on Hanta's yap?" (sit on santa's lap?)

KF said...

I agree that it seems early -- Roxboro is way ahead of Beijing. I've seen NOTHING about Christmas yet (not that I really expect to, even in December...).

See you soon,
Ken