Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big city days

The need to get into the big city has been brewing inside for a couple of weeks. We took off early Monday morning in search of adventure. I wanted to get a head start on some fall clothes for the kids. We have a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks and the boys didn't have any appropriate pants and well Emma could always use a new dress. We stopped at Ross first. That has become my new favorite store. First reason- it's in North Durham; on the way to everything we do. Second reason - it's open at 9:30. Third reason - they have good prices. They didn't let me down this time. I got Peter 2 pair of pants, Ryan one pair and Emma a dress with a matching shirt all for $34.00! I was excited about my finds.
Then we headed to the mall that opens at 10. We had a few carousel tokens and the kids were itching for new comic books. I also wanted to get their feet measured in preparation for new fall shoes. With that finished, we headed to Duke. Philip dropped me off at the library so I could get some printing done. Meanwhile they parked the car, rode the bus, and climbed trees. We met up for lunch and rode the bus back to the car, did a quick hospitalization visit and finished off with a Costco trip! The kids paused briefly so I could take a picture. I couldn't decide which picture was cutest so I added them both! I'm glad to have gotten that out of my system because that was an exhausting trip!