Tuesday, July 22, 2008

VBS III part 2

Well, being the super parents that we are, we enrolled our kids in their 3rd VBS for the summer! This one is at the church where we attend MOPS, Emma goes to Cubbies, and there are many homeschoolers. In many ways I feel like it is an extension of our church. I have made many friends here as well as the kids. We headed there Sunday night for day one. Emma has been showing some mommy separation anxiety here lately so I was interested to see how she did. However, once we found her friend Aubrey they were inseparable and ready to start. Westwood even had a class for the 1-2 yr olds so we left Ryan as well. Peter entered the Kindergarten class and unfortunately there wasn't anybody that he knew well.

Philip and I headed to the tennis courts. We have been talking about playing tennis for some time so this was the perfect time. I think my tennis lessons as a middle schooler finally paid off! It was pretty hot and I forgot to bring some water. We headed to McDonald's for an ice cream cone. Speaking of water, they charge for water these days- the same price as a soda and it comes from the fountain. What a ripoff!

Well, Peter made it to the van and then broke down. He didn't have a good time at all. A little girl called him "Peter Pan" and he didn't like it. He said that 2 VBSes were enough for him and he didn't need anymore. He also said that there were too many people. He didn't like all the people. I was so amazed at his ability to articulate his feelings.

So Emma and Ryan went for night 2 and Peter stayed home with me. I am positive Peter won't be going back b/c he got to play on the computer, eat popcorn, paint, read, and play transformers. Who would want to go to VBS when you can do all that at home!

No comments: