Saturday, July 26, 2008

my little girl

I have begun to notice that Emma is really changing. It seems like since becoming 4 she is becoming more "girly". This morning as we were eating breakfast, Peter asked if we could go to the park. I explained that we couldn't today because I had some cleaning to do, we needed to go grocery shopping and we were going to friends' house for dinner. Peter said, "Well, I'll take Ryan outside so you can get the house cleaned". Emma promptly said, "I want to stay inside with Mommy and help clean". That's exactly what she did. She handled the dusting and scrubbing of the toilets while I cleaned the shower and the sinks.
Peter and Ryan were playing outside together working on something.
After lunch, I told Peter and Emma that they needed to pick up their room. Emma's job was to collect the toys in the living room and put them in their proper places. This is what I found...
The picture doesn't completely describe her handiwork. But when I saw it I thought to myself, wow- this girl is really becoming a girl. Everything had it's exact place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy how I miss my sweet little Emma. I can't wait to see her! It seems like its been forever since I've had a chance to hold any of them and tell them a good Giddy & Gallop story!! Soon and very soon....Granny