Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Night 3

I have made it to night 3 of my week going solo. I truly don't know how single moms, moms with husbands who travel or moms that have full time jobs do this. It truly is exhausting. I am very spoiled to have a husband that is here year round, home usually around 5pm, loves to be with his kids and plays a vital role in the home when he is here.
So far, our time has been good and I mean that honestly. We have had some fun times. Tuesday we spent the morning at the library and then to the pool. We came home for lunch, Peter and I had a heart to heart and then it was nap time. Our heart to heart was really an amazing time. Peter and Emma were just stretching their limits; being obedient but at the tail end of the spectrum. Upon arrival home from the library and then the pool, I instructed Peter and Emma to change clothes, pick out some new library books, find a couch and read through them until lunch was ready. I overheard Peter mutter to Emma, " Come on, we can't have any fun. We have nothing to do.". I promptly showed my oldest son what "nothing" truly is. He was relocated to my bed with "nothing" to do until lunch was ready. We talked, cried and prayed together. Since then, he has been right with me, helpful, obedient and even striving to bring his brother and sister along with him.
I hear a thunder storm approaching...so I'll have to continue after the storm! I hope it brings some much needed rain. I'm off to read my book that I picked up at the library that I knew I shouldn't but I just couldn't resist the title.

No comments: