Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Last Night

Tonight is the last night of our VBS. It has been a great experience! The first night my class had 12 kids; I was thrilled to have that many. Then Monday night we had 18 and last night we had 17. I can't believe it! I am so thankful for my partner; we made a great team. Tonight we will gather again but it will be for a short program and an ice cream social.
Our family will be heading to Charlotte immediately following the social. I thought of this great idea a week ago. Long before the kids were overtired and cranky from 3 late nights so I hope it ends up still being a great idea. We have lots planned for our short time in Charlotte. Tomorrow morning we are going to take the high speed rail from Pineville (outskirts of Charlotte) into downtown, meet up with Cousin Caleb and Uncle Josh, check out their amazing children's library, grab lunch and head back by train. The kids are so excited about riding the train. Friday morning we are going to head in the other direction and take the kids to the National Guard armory where Uncle Pete works. They'll get to see the big guns and tanks!
So if you think about it, pray that the kids will get enough sleep to enjoy the fun we have planned for them!

No comments: