Thursday, July 10, 2008

Playdate

A very brave friend of mine from the homeschool group invited us and two others over for a craft and lunch. Ironically, this morning Peter asked me (at 7am) if he could paint. I answered, "are you kidding? It's 7 am." So what craft does she have for the kids? Painting! Peter and Emma were seriously at the tables about 30 minutes longer than all the other children. The other kids painted one sheet and a couple came back later for another. They painted for like 45 minutes straight!
This is Emma's catepillar.
I'm not into comparing children because everyone knows it's bad and usually you either get let down or your pride gets built up. However, this experience was really eye opening for me. Peter and Emma really enjoy painting pictures of objects, landscapes not just doodling. I wonder if this is because they were willing to spend more time at the table or is it their father's artistic genes coming out in them. I also learned that I need to let go of some of my "issues" and let the kids paint! I also need to let them stingy-ness (is that a word) and let them have a lot of colors.
This is what Ryan and some of the other kids were doing while Peter and Emma kept painting. Ryan was in heaven with all of the cars and trains this little boy had. He was also amazed as you can see by the TV in his room!

Not only were Peter and Emma the last to leave the painting table they (and Ryan) were also last to leave the lunch table...what do you think that means and whose side of the family does that come from?

2 comments:

Philip said...

not my side?

Unknown said...

Not our side either!!!!!