Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Peter swallowed....

A Penny!!!!

Yes, that's right. I was in the kitchen preparing my Jewish Apple cake for the Wednesday night dinner when Peter sheepishly emerged from his room. He said, "mommy, I think I swallowed a penny". So I remained calm (which really wasn't a challenge since he was obviously not choking) and proceeded to ask him what he meant by what he just said. After I was confident that he wasn't in any emergent danger I continued with a nice spiritual application of "your body is a temple of God"....I wonder if that counts as a Bible lesson for the day?

I told him to return to his room to finish his quiet time and I finished making my cake. Then I googled "swallowed a penny" and found to several links and confirming information that we'll just wait for it to "come out". Next I emailed my friend who is an ER doc for his opinion then I checked on Peter- still fine and did what every good blogger would do....I recorded this entry!!!

I'll be sure to let you know how things go!

3 comments:

Mandy Leigh said...

oh my goodness....

And, that's all I have to say about that.

Buckingham Palace said...

has the penny come out yet? Please take a picture when it does. HAHAHAHA - okay don't do that.

Unknown said...

That's one way to deposit your $