Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our first tooth

Peter has had a loose tooth for over a month now. We went to the dentist on Monday and I happened to notice that morning that his tooth seemed a lot looser than it had been. We discussed the possibility of the dentist "helping it to come out". Peter was not interested in that idea at all. I think the apple slices at lunch time loosened it even more. The hygienist ( a friend from church) didn't even clean it because she said it would come out. The Dentist offered to take it out for Peter and he said "No". So then the dentist offered to "paint some numbing medicine on it so it wouldn't hurt" and then Peter could wiggle it out. Peter was still hesitant but I said, sure we'll try it! So out came Peter's first tooth with just a little wiggle. I still can't get over seeing his smile with a missing tooth.....My little baby is growing up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray for Peter!!! I can't wait to see the straw opening! At least he didn't swallow it like Hyatt Ellis did!