Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving review

Well, I can't believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone. I had many hopes and vision of Thanksgiving and fall crafts but in all honesty we only completed one. Indian corn! We did do lots of leave collecting, a few leaf art pictures and spent as much time outdoors as possible. During the Children's sermon at church the Sunday before Thanksgiving, Philip asked what Thanksgiving was all about. Peter raised his hand and began talking about Squanto and how he taught the Pilgrims to use dead fish to fertilize their corn. I guess we learned a lot even if all my visions of Turkeys and cornucopia's didn't come to pass.

School is back in session though this week and we will be working with the book, "How to make an Apple Pie and see the world". The climax of course will be making and apple pie at the end of the week! I wish there was an apple orchard near us- oh well.

No comments: