Wednesday, November 14, 2007

6 guys and me

That was how I spent most of my time at Pilgrimage!!! Somehow our mini-van became loaded with guys and stayed that way the entire weekend. I was a bit nervous as I noticed the make up of my passengers. I would be driving from the church to Duke to pick up Philip then on to Fayetville. I declared myself driver and not DJ so the shot gunner got to be DJ until of course we picked up Philip and then I got to be DJ...The weekend was great. I learned new words, new songs, new artists and new things about the world of teenagers. Our hotel was right next to Starbucks so I was treated with a cup of coffee a few times. I brought a book with me in hopes of some reading time but I didn't even get it cracked although we were up until 1 and 2am each night. The kids did great and my roommates were awesome.

I had a blast and was thankful to have the time away from my regular routine and to spend with other people's kids.

No comments: