Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Valued Readers

Well, I wouldn't want my fan club to go very long with out knowing what's new here...It's just not quite as exciting to post without the photos to go along. However, I did get some advice to purchase a USB cable and download my pictures that way. So I will check that out tomorrow at Walmart when I go pick up some groceries.

It was story time at the library today and we are regulars! We took up our usually seats and listened to stories by Ms. Christy. She has kept our family busy this last month with great library activities. This Thursday she is having an Indian Chief come and speak. We checked out a few library books about Indians in my hopes to prepare them for Thursday as well as beginning our discussions on Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to spending the month of November focusing on Thanksgiving and being thankful. It seems like kids are wired to be selfish and self centered so I hope to inspire them in the art of being thankful!

I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight - Split Pea soup. Emma actually had 2 bowls and I felt sorry for the Peter and Ryan so I did break out the PB and Honey! Our friend Branden was joining us for dinner so I was a bit nervous about this entree. I realized (through a divine inspiration- I'm sure) that I should make some bread with my bread machine as a go along. So I whipped out some homemade French bread. That was probably much better than the soup! Branden did have seconds and asked for some to take home with him. Philip did manage to have seconds as well. I asked Philip if I should add this to my list of recipes and he politely said, NO!

Let me know if you want my recipe!!!

1 comment:

Mandy Leigh said...

I WANT THE RECIPE!!! I love split pea soup! SERIOUSLY!