Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Looking towards December

Since my aspirations of Thanksgiving were a bit too high, I've been regrouping this week and looking towards December and Christmas. We have always gingerly approached the coming of Christmas. Again, as we approach it, I feel a bit of nervous anticipation. We want them to know that this is the time of year that the Church recognizes the birth of Christ but we will not be participating in the traditions of Santa Clause and the like. So back to my regrouping for the month, I have found quite a few ideas on line for Christmas books and activities to teach the meanings of Christmas symbols. I hope that the kids and I will come through the holiday learning more about the amazing gift that God has given to us through the birth of His Son and less about the desire to always have more. I hope we will grow to appreciate the blessing of giving to those around them and the love that God has for us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, I'm not taking back their presents! From Mr &Mrs. Claus