Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Field trip Monday

It was slated to be a nice day on Monday, we decided to take the kids to the NC Natural Science museum in Raleigh. It was a bit of a sentimental trip for me because I have some great memories of the museum and the boa constrictor that they had for a really long time who made "head lines" when he died. Does anyone remember his name?

Since my time at the museum they have pretty much just built a new one next door. We had a great time looking at all the exhibits and participating in story time. Philip really loves museums and is one of those folks who likes to do a lot of reading of the signs. I was hoping to do more reading of the signs myself but the kids were just so excited that they moved between places quicker than I could read aloud to them. Peter was so excited about the dinosaurs. I think we should have just gone there first and then seen the remainder of the exhibits. There's so much to take in and some many things to see. It's hard to tell what they really like the best. I just know they had a great time. We had mentioned that there was a history museum next door. Peter and Emma wanted to go there so bad. We will save that for another day.

Since the day was going to be so nice, I packed a cooler and we picniced on the lawn of the capitol building. I enjoyed seeing the familiar places and remembering the memories of my childhood.

Click to play Natural Science museum
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Granny would like to go there again sometime and the history museum too and the art one too!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.