Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!




Happy New Year to you all. We had a quite unexpected new year's day here at the Chryst home. We had planned to spend the afternoon driving to Cary to visit with my grandparents. As we were approaching Cary, Philip got this twinkle in his eye and said, "I bet it's a beautiful day at the beach. Wouldn't you like to just keep driving." After I realized he was serious, I called my parents to make sure they would be home and to tell them we were considering a trip down.

So it was decided after our time with my grandparents that we would continue down I40 to the coast. It was probably the most spontaneous thing I've done since having children. With no extra clothes, three diapers and NO DVD player we made the trip. We spent a beautiful hour walking the beach before dinner and had a great pizza at our favorite Max's. We woke up, loaded up and hit I 40 this morning heading back home. This time we drove through snow and 30 degree temp. Quite a bit of a contrast from our hour long walk on the beach!
You might notice that Ryan isn't in any of the pictures! He said with my parents to play with the kittens.

I guess 2008 may bring a bit more spontaneity in my life!

1 comment:

Buckingham Palace said...

sounds like fun! I'm jealous! I want to be spontanous!