Sunday, January 13, 2008

Argg....Pirates

We just returned home from seeing the Veggie Tales movie, "The Pirates who don't do anything". We went with a group from church and made an evening out of it because we had to travel to the big city, Durham, to see it. I have to admit that our family is devoted to Veggie Tales and Big Idea productions but I was a bit disappointed in the movie. I was surprised that there wasn't much of a spiritual depth to the movie. Sure if you were an adult and a Christian you could draw the conclusions but certainly not a child or a non-believer. It was definitely over Emma's head and she was a bit tense throughout the majority of the movie. Of course she is 3 and 1/2 and I doubt that is the target audience age of the movie. I think my favorite part was the first hour of the movie when I had Emma on one knee and Ryan on the other. I couldn't believe that they were both sitting there so quietly and snugly. I was thankful that Ryan did so well but also was thinking about how Peter hardly got near a TV until he was 2. Here we are with Ryan at 21 months at the movie theatre and this wasn't his first tv exposure for the day. My how things change!

My advice to others considering the movie. I was thankful that I could support the film at the "Box office" but I don't think I would recommend anyone younger than 5 viewing it at the theatre. It was just so loud and so big. I'm sure well be hearing pirate songs from Peter for a while!

No comments: