Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins


It's confession time. I have been totally unmotivated this last week. Let me clarify; unmotivated in some areas of life. I did accomplish some important tasks like grocery shopping for the week, fixing dinners, and even went to story time at the Library. However, I have been not been motivated to get pumpkins for the kids. Thankfully, we had some pumpkins delivered to us! They were a bit to small to carve and I was too unmotivated to let the kids paint them. So I had no other choice but to give them permanent markers. Thankfully, there were no clothing casualties. Had Philip been home more than just one night this week, I might have actually purchased a big pumpkin for us to carve. But that was definitely not something I was interested in doing solo! I will miss the roasted pumpkin seeds this year.

However, I think I may have gotten one of my best compliments ever this morning. Last night when I was at Walmart, I picked up a container of Perler beads. Two friends of mine told me about them yesterday and I thought the kids would really like them. Emma found them on the counter first this morning. She said to me, "Mommy you acted like Gram and Granny. You bought us something that you thought we would like.". OK- so I could be easily offended by this but I'm choosing to be complimented. She speaks volumes in that and I'm OK with it! She's true; I don't often buy them the extras that they would love to have. Oh, I highly recommend the Perler beads! I will be buying more and suggesting to the grandmas that they buy them too!!!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

These are favorite things I already have, but yes I am getting another Ergo so Andrew and I can each wear a kid. (Olivia still rides in it!) It's especially helpful when we ride the public buses if we can each wear a kid and have our hands free! I totally think it's worth it even on a fourth kid-- this thing is amazing! Plus, if you look at their resale value on ebay, you'll make most of your money back by reselling it there when you're done with it. I just can't rave about it enough, especially since moving overseas, it's a lifesaver!