Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blog block...

I guess that's what I've been currently experiencing. It's funny- I've been thinking throughout the days of potential blog posts but have of yet to actually get them written. I guess that's what happens when you become a blogger. I have passed the "half way" mark as far as pregnancy goes. It's hard to believe that I am already approaching 21 weeks. I am thankfully feeling great and adjusting to my ever growing belly. It impossible for me to ignore as my children (mostly Emma) are daily reminding me that my belly is getting big. One of the days I might just post a picture of the belly but don't hold your breath.
I have been thinking through some short term goals for us. Things I would really love to accomplish before the baby is born. My first and foremost is to successful complete the Core K. So we have been diligently reading and reading and reading. I think we are currently on our 3rd read aloud since returning from Christmas. We are now reading Dr. Dolittle and finishing up a study on Mountains, Desserts and Jungles. I hope to help Peter with a volcano experiment at the completion of this book.
A few other goals I have are a little more loose- I would love for Emma to be able to shower independently. Ryan to use the potty independently. Peter to tie his shoes. I am trying to encourage as much independence and helpfulness as possible.
We implemented a chore chart/ allowance system this week. It has been something simmering in my mind for some time now. So far things are going well and the kids are really motivated to do their chores. Peter has his sights on collecting light sabers so he is totally pumped about pay day!

1 comment:

Philip said...

How much is my allowance?