Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy belated Birthday



As Philip posted, Ryan celebrated his second birthday on March 18th. I believe Peter and Emma have a bit of the gift of Prophecy in them. The morning of his birthday (before I started throwing up....) they told me that it wouldn't really be his birthday b/c we weren't having a lot of people over and a party. I tried to explain to him that those two things don't make a party...
Anyway- by that afternoon I was in the bed and Philip who was thankfully working from home was watching the kids. I overheard a great conversation between him and Peter. It went something like this:
Philip: Hey Peter, guess what? We're going out for dinner?
Peter: We can't Daddy. It's Ryan's birthday and Mommy has a special hot dog dinner planned. It's his birthday dinner.
Philip: Oh, Hot dogs...I think I can do hot dogs...let me go talk to mommy.

It made me smile that Peter understood the importance that I was trying to instill that we had a special meal planned to celebrate Ryan's birthday. Philip indeed cooked the hot dogs and they had a great time. I think Philip got a bit frustrated with the kids b/c none of them were really eating much, a small fact that I neglected to tell him before dinner.

Since Ryan's cake didn't get iced and I didn't get to sing Happy Birthday, we did the whole cake thing again the next night.


This is our gift to Ryan for his birthday. He is having a great time with it and not sharing with his siblings. And, yes, it was raining but I was feeling a little guilty and he really wanted to ride his bike!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray for Ryan, He actually gets to ride something the doesn't go backwards. What will become of the car??? Maybe we should memorialize it! Granny