Monday, September 28, 2009

New tricks

It seems as though all the kids have experienced some new tricks in this past week. Sometime last week, Philip casually taught Peter how to play chess. Learning to play chess was an elective for Cub scouts. Well, who would have guessed that chess would become Peter's next obsession. He is so into chess that he doesn't mind playing with his 3 year old brother.I was quickly reminded of the rules of the game. My record so far is 1 for 3. Chess is really not my game but it's a bit better than kickball (the game of the week some time ago.).

Nathan is on to other tricks. He is figuring out how to get and keep his thumb in his mouth. He's beginning to develop the fine art of "grasping" things in front of him. Today, he spent some time hanging out in his little chair thingy ( I forgot the name.)! This is a new invention for me; none of the other kids have experienced this handy contraption.
Stay tuned for Ryan and Emma's tricks.....

2 comments:

tduncan said...

LOVED that chair thingy- it's called the "Bumbo Seat" and Alanabeth ruled the roost in hers! Fun times! One of these days, I'll have Peter teach me how to play chess. Always did want to learn.

Mollie said...

John was the first to have a Bumbo! Why didn't anyone tell us about this thing so many years ago??? It's the greatest! Do you have the tray that goes with it?