Friday, May 15, 2009

Where am I?

That is a great question and I hope somebody can answer it. It seems as if I just haven't done anything worth blogging about lately. We have been in the mode of the bare minimum this past week. It's amazing to me that I am 36 weeks along in this pregnancy. After catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror and reporting to Philip that "I am huge". He lovingly reminded me that I am "all baby" and I only have 3 weeks and 6 days left. Wow- when you put it that way, this baby is going to be here before I know it. We are starting to get ourselves prepared. I went into the attic and reviewed what we had up there. It was mostly like I expected; 9 boxes of girl clothes, 5 boxes of boy and 2 boxes of neutral baby stuff. You think I'm kidding- I'm not! Emma had so many clothes it's crazy.

We will be borrowing a cradle from a dear couple at church. It was handmade for their grandchild and they lovingly offered it to us. We will use it while the baby sleeps in our room. We are still trying to figure out the hows and wheres of the other children when it's time for the baby to sleep in the crib. I am just hoping that those details will just work themselves out. Currently, both Emma and Ryan would like to sleep with the baby. Ryan actually wants the baby to sleep in his bed with him!

I am definitely in the uncomfortable stages of pregnancy but I have no true complaints. I am trying to remind myself throughout the day the wise words of a friend of mine that just had her 4th child. "Although, your uncomfortable and are really ready for the baby, these days are much easier than after delivery." So with that, I am praying for peace and contentment as I journey through this 9th month of being pregnant.

2 comments:

KF said...

Hang in there, and have fun at the Shower!

Mollie said...

I am getting excited for you! I was just thinking the other day: Don't you have to drive to the big city for this? Have you toured their facility? I'm glad you don't have to go through the summer like you did with Peter!