Thursday, February 26, 2009

A new hobby???

So this dear lady in our community always blesses our family with sourdough bread whenever she sees us. I asked her recently if she would teach me how to make it. She excitedly agreed to show me and share her starter. The whole family came with me for my lesson. Here is what I made...I have enjoyed reading and learning about the sourdough process. It sure makes a good bread but it takes forever. It literally takes a day and a half from start to finish.
The picture is the bread and cinnamon rolls that I made under my teacher's guidance. Earlier this week I tried it solo. This batch turned out good as well. Instead of the cinnamon rolls I tried to make "bread bowls". I got a four thumbs up from the guys (Philip and Branden- our every Tuesday night dinner guest and friend). I could only make two bread bowls because I only had two bowls so I'll have to work on this one a bit!

No comments: