Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Diaper chatter


So a friend of mine, Shelia, is doing something called a "Carnival" on her blog. I had to call her to get the explanation but I still feel like I'm out of the loop. However, I wanted to throw in my diaper story just for her! After all the wonderful diapers that had been given to us as gifts had been used up, we began to use cloth diapers with Peter. I would say he was about 2 months or so. We actually just used the cloth diapers from Target, pins and rubber covers. We definitely didn't do any of the fancy diapers that you can find on line. We wanted to at least say that we gave cloth diapers a try and we also wanted to save as much money as possible! The cloth lasted until he was about 7 months old. When he started eating solid foods that was enough for me. I wasn't hard core with the cloth; disposables were used at night and when out of the house. I am glad that I tried it and am also certain that I won't be doing it again!
I thank God for Cotsco and bulk diapers. Yes, I do feel bad at the waste I'm adding to the landfills but not bad enough to use cloth!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Haha! I love it! The poop does get really gross when they start solids!!!! :o)

Unknown said...

I wish I wouldn't have been so afraid of cloth diapers. I'd like to also say that we gave them a chance, but we didn't. Oh well. Just one of the many lessons that I'm learning as a mom!

I hope you enjoy being in on the bloggy carnival. It's a great way to meet other bloggers! Have a great day!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I totally agree. Once they get to the solid food stage, changing the dirties is SO much more ICK. It's hard to stick with it from that point forward! But it is SOOOOOOOOOO easy when they are exclusively breastfed.

Talia said...

yeah solids are bad!! i had to start using cloth for the sake of my son's health issues or i would probably be doing disposables still. i don't blame you for that!